Simtec uses Paypal. to complete your online transactions. Simtec does not have access to your personal Credit/Debit Card information. All personal finance details are processed off site by secure providers. We can accept other forms of payments from our retail premises, or card payments via telephone.
Goods will only be sent once payment has been received and billing & shipping address verified.
Please allow up to 7 working days for your order to arrive after payment has cleared. Under normal circumstances your item will be dispatched within 48 hours.
Simtec uses 3 main methods of shipping. All shipping rates are based on the total weight of the item including packaging. You have the option during check out to select which you prefer, they are:
All deliveries are charged at Royal Mail standard recorded delivery plus a handling fee of 65 pence for packaging materials. When the item has being sent you will receive a confirmation email which will contain the recorded delivery tracking number. The parcel can be tracked at http://www.royalmail.com. All parcels sent via this service are insured up to £30 with Royal Mail.
All deliveries are charged at Royal Mail standard special delivery plus a handling fee of 65 pence for packaging materials. When the item has being sent you will receive a confirmation email which will contain the special delivery tracking number. The parcel can be tracked at www.royalmail.com All parcels sent via this service are insured up to £500 with Royal Mail.
Parcel Force Courier
All orders over 1 kilo in weight are automatically sent via Parcel Force Couriers, mainly games console and multiple large product purchases. When selecting a shipping method, the choices for goods over 1 kilo will still be royal mail recorded and special delivery, but the price will be capped at Simtec’s rate for Parcel Force parcel service. This will be around £10 max for any order. This can be tracked at www.parcelforce.net.
To return a faulty item to Simtec, please contact us on 01524 382814, view our CONTACT US page for opening times and other ways to get in touch, we will advise where and how to return back to us. Please indicate the item you are returning, the reason for your return and order number.
Once you have confirmation from us to return, simply return it back to us, include the invoice with your return, and wrap the package securely and please include a description of why the product is been returned.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE SEND USING A SIGN FOR SERVICE. We will replace a faulty product with the same item or refund back to your account. Please note that our returns policy is only valid for 14 days from receipt of goods. Terms and Conditions apply.
Unfortunately we cannot exchange products through long distance selling,unless they are received faulty or the wrong item is received incorrectly. Counter exchanges are accepted. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
We do test every single return, if a returned product is found not to be faulty by our test centre you will be charged for time and return postage. We advise you to check the product a second time before returning.
Here at Simtec we mainly repair Mobile smart phones, Tablets, Laptop PC’s, Desktop PC’s, Apple Macbooks, Games consoles and anything in-between. If the device you are looking to get repaired isn’t listed on the website or isn’t one of the above, then do not hesitate to contact us either via the website, email, or phone to see if we can offer support for it, as chances are we can.
Simtec UK Ltd Repair Terms & Conditions.
- Simtec will service your product as described and for the charges stated.
- If service is needed due to failure of parts that are not original to the product or due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or any external cause, and if Simtec is not responsible for such failure or damage, Simtec reserves the right to return the product to you without servicing it, and may hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
- If the service requires labour and/or parts not previously specified, Simtec may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that Simtec may revise the charges, Simtec may return your product and hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
- Simtec may use parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. Simtec will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Simtec may repair, exchange or sell the replaced part if it chooses to do so.
- Simtec warrants (1) that the service will be performed with all reasonable skill and care and (2) that, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of service, all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified by Simtec. In the event of breach of the warranty in this section 5, Simtec will either, (i) re-Perform the service, (ii) repair or replace the part, or (iii) refund the cost of the service provided. In order to claim under the warranty you must return your product to the store where you left your product for service with proof of purchase.
- If Simtec is in breach of these T&Cs, it will only be responsible to you for any loss of damage that you suffer to the extent that such loss or damage was a foreseeable consequence to both you and Simtec at the time you agreed to these T&Cs. Further, Simtec and its affiliates, will not be liable to you for any loss of revenue; loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts); loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of opportunity; loss of goodwill; loss of reputation; loss of, damage to, or corruption of data; or any costs of recovering, programming, or restoring any program or data stored or used with your product and any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on your product. The foregoing limitations shall not apply to Simtec’s liability for: (a) death or personal injury, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (b) any liability which by law cannot be excluded or limited. Simtec specifically does not warrant that it will be able to (i) repair or replace your product without risk to or loss of programs or data, and (ii) maintain the confidentiality of data. Nothing in these T&Cs will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens’ Advice Bureau.
- You must claim your product and pay all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by Simtec that your product has been serviced. If you do not, Simtec may notify you that it considers your product abandoned and that, if you do not collect it and pay any outstanding charges, Simtec will dispose of it in accordance with applicable law.
- If service involves transferring information or installing software, you represent that you have the legal right to copy the information and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize Simtec to transfer the information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
- These T&Cs are governed by English law.
- These T&Cs are the only ones that govern Simtec’s service of your product.
Stage One – Pre Test.
When we receive a device/handset in for a repair, we always test all of the devices functions. If for any reason the device fails our pre test check then we will stop the repair, and discuss this with you, agreeing on continuation options where possible. Often a customer is unaware of our findings, and discussing continuation protects both our customers and Simtec from unknown root causes of problems not known on device arrival.
Stage Two – Components in Stock.
If we do not have the component in stock to fulfil your repair, we will not start the repair until we have informed you of the problem and the estimated time scale for part delivery and job completion. As this delay is our responsibility, we will contact you and leave messages to make you aware and ask if you would like to wait.
Stage Three – Technician’s Job Count
Sometimes without warning, we have days when the workshop is busier than normal and the technician’s job count is excessive. If we think this has the potential to cause a delay, we will inform you and confirm the expected time scale.
Stage Four – Finding’s During Repair
If at any stage during the repair we find anything that was not evident on the pre test (e.g. dead handset with missing components inside) we will stop repair and inform you of such developments, to confirm and agree continuation of the repair.
Stage Five – Post Test
This is where we once again, test all of the functions of your device, like in pre test. The only exception to this rule is dead liquid damaged handsets that couldn’t be pre tested. If the repair process did not resolve the problem, or the agreed continuation, then the handset is usually returned in the same way it was given to us, except where it causes health and safety problems (e.g putting a fragmented/broken digitizer back onto a handset). In this sort of case a replacement part will be offered, usually at cost price.